Hello friends and family of Community Life Church,
I pray this finds you well, with an abundance of peace and hand soap.
Jeremiah 29:7 - Seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you, and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare.
Today we find ourselves at an anxious…yet significant time in history, as the all unknowns of this illness now threaten to reach our own backyard. As you have probably now heard, earlier this morning Governor Newsom (in cooperation with the CDC, California Department of Public Health, and County of Los Angeles Public Health Department) has issued an updated policy on gatherings to protect public health and slow the spread of COVID-19.
They determined that all public gatherings of more than 250 people should be postponed or canceled across the state until at least the end of March. They went even further to say that gatherings of those who are a higher risk for severe illness (seniors, those with pre-existing conditions, and those with compromised immune systems) should be limited to no more than 10 people.
For some of us, this level of response might seem like an overreaction. For others it might not seem strong enough, based on what we’re flooded with on the news 24 hours a day. But regardless of your thoughts, the reality is people ARE getting sick, people ARE spreading it, and some people ARE even dying as a result.
So what does this mean for us, recognizing that we have a number of members that fit in the higher risk category?
After speaking with the staff, leadership, deacons, and other pastors throughout the city, we decided it best to comply with the policy set in place by our governor. This means…
- For the next few weeks we will NOT be holding in-person public worship gatherings on Sundays at the church. We will instead be live-streaming our services through the Community Life Church Facebook page.
- All regular midweek and weekend programming will be postponed until further notice.
- The baptisms we had planned for March 15 will be rescheduled to a future date when we can all be together again.
- The church office will be closed to public meetings.
We are implementing these precautions (as peacemakers) for the safety of our community and city. It might turn out that none of these actions steps were necessary, and if so, praise God. But we never want to come out the other side of this season wishing we’d done more to bring peace.
Now here’s where you come in. We need you to…
- Gather your family and friends to join us for worship online. As I said earlier, we will still be streaming live worship services every Sunday through our Facebook page. Head over to www.facebook.com/madeforcommunity at 10:45am to tune in.
- Pray for peace in the community. As a church we truly believe that prayer changes things, and that God wants to hear from us. So before you scroll for an hour on social media into the endless abyss of fear based clickbait, try putting down your phone and picking up your Bible. Let His word bring comfort…AND PRAY! Pray for the peace of the city that God has placed us in.
- Stay faithful with your giving. With all the noise and confusion surrounding this season, it can be easy to forget or even withhold. But we need you to remain steadfast with your tithes and offerings. Your generosity not only supports the staff and facility, but also ministries and missionaries both local and around the world. People and projects that are facing the same unknown as you. So please stay faithful with your giving. You can do so by mail to the church office (4441 La Crescenta Ave, La Crescenta, CA 91214) or online at www.madeforcommunity.com/give.
If you have any questions, needs, or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call the church office (818-249-5832) or email email@example.com.
We love you, and are praying for you even now.